Sports – 2022 Fantasy Football: QBs
Category : Sports
With the season beginning soon, and many fantasy drafts planned for the next few weekends, it’s time to prep for your 2022 Fantasy Football team. Here is my advice/predictions as it relates to quarterbacks:
- Numero Uno – There is no better QB prospect this season than Josh Allen, the stud who has lit up the league the last couple years. His numbers are consistent, even a step down would still land him near the top of the list, and you can trust in Allen. Pick Josh (but few other Bills) to start for your team; you’ll be thanking him during your playoffs. The only other real #1 option is Patrick Mahomes, so pick your favorite and roll the dice.
- Teamwork – While you don’t want to get too many players from one team in case they have a bad game, a lot of top tier QBs have a top tier wideout to go with them, and picking the pair might not be a bad idea. Stafford-Kupp, Herbert-Allen, Carr-Adams, Allen-Diggs, Wilson-Sutton, Dak-Lamb, Brady-Evans, Burrow-Chase; you could do much worse than to have these duos on your team.
- Red Zone – And speaking of Wilson, there’s reason to believe that Russ could have a killer year. The first reason is obviously his transfer to a better team, but there’s also the fact that Wilson has simply grown into an excellent QB, is surrounded by a solid roster, with coaches who are hell-bent on winning. With Sutton & Jeudy on the team as well, the sky’s the limit for this versatile quarterback. He could reach 35-40 total TDs, and that’s nothing to sneeze at.
- Father Time – But now for the bad news; not every famous QB deserves a spot on top of your fantasy depth chart. The older they get the more their skill falls off, that’s just proven fact, so be mindful of the senior class. Brady is going to take a step back this year, it has to happen, I think that’s inevitable …right? …no? …and I wouldn’t be surprised if Kirk Cousins and maybe even Matt Ryan step back with him. Guys like Tannehill, Goff, Mariota, and Wentz might be falling off the radar or at least suspect, and they aren’t even that old; father time is undefeated.
- Bounce Back – There are a few signal callers who aren’t as coveted as perhaps they once were, but there’s a chance they bounce back up to the top, so be there to nab them if you think they might trend upward. Dak could have a resurgent year after his injuries and missteps, but perhaps he’s not a surprise any longer, so someone will take him too high; get one of the guys who might come a little cheaper. Murray, Jackson, Winston, Hurts, Brissett; you could do worse than someone from this group, just be willing to wait a while before making the move.
- The Untouchables – Unfortunately, every year there is a group of guys who you just simply can’t draft, at least not until they’ve proven themselves surprisingly worthy, and in that case you just pick them up from the waiver wire. Lawrence, Fields, Lock, Mills, Zach Wilson, either Jones; they don’t have enough talent around them to score enough points for you to consider (except maybe Trey).
Hope this helps, and good luck!