Sports – 2020 Fantasy Football: QBs
Category : Sports
With the season beginning soon, and many fantasy drafts planned for the next few weekends, it’s time to prep for your 2020 Fantasy Football team. Here is my advice/predictions as it relates to quarterbacks:
- Numero Uno – There is no better QB prospect this season than Patrick Mahomes, the stud who lit up the league the last couple years. His numbers were incredible in 2018, and while there was no way he could repeat them last season, even a step down still landed him near the top of the list. Pick Patty and a slew of other Chiefs to start for your team; you’ll be thanking them during your playoffs. The only other real #1 option is Lamar Jackson, so pick your favorite and roll the dice.
- Teamwork – While you don’t want to get too many players from one team in case they have a bad game, a lot of top tier QBs have a top tier wideout to go with them, and picking the pair might not be a bad idea. Mahomes-Hill, Murray-Hopkins, Rodgers-Adams, Ryan-Jones, Mayfield-Beckham, Roethlisberger-Juju, Brady-Godwin, Brees-Thomas; you could do much worse than to have these duos on your team.
- Red Zone – And speaking of Murray, there’s reason to believe that Kyler could have a killer year. The first reason is obviously the addition of DeAndre Hopkins, but there’s also the fact that Murray is simply growing into his talent and into his coach’s system. With Drake & Kirk on the team as well, the sky’s the limit for this mobile quarterback. He could reach 30 total TDs, and that’s nothing to sneeze at.
- Father Time – But now for the bad news; not every famous QB deserves a spot on top of your fantasy depth chart. The older they get the more their skill falls off, that’s just proven fact, so be mindful of the senior class. Brady is going to take another step back this year, despite his move, I think that’s inevitable, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Rivers with a new team and maybe even Drew Brees step back with him. Guys like Carr, Rodgers, Big Ben, and Stafford are already falling off the radar and they aren’t even that old; father time is undefeated.
- Bounce Back – There are a few signal callers who aren’t as coveted as perhaps they once were, but there’s a chance they bounce back up to the top, so be there to nab them if you think they might trend upward. Dak had a resurgent year last season, but he’s not a surprise any longer, so someone will take him too high; get one of the guys who might come a little cheaper. Newton, Wentz, Garappolo, Goff, Mayfield; you could do worse than someone from this group, just be willing to wait a while before making the move.
- The Untouchables – Unfortunately, every year there is a group of guys who you just simply can’t draft, at least not until they’ve proven themselves surprisingly worthy, and in that case you just pick them up from the waiver wire. Burrow, Cousins, Darnold, Minshew, Haskins, Fitzpatrick; they don’t have enough talent around them to score enough points for you to consider.