Sports – 2013 MLB Predictions
Category : Sports
With free agency pretty much over, spring training starting this weekend, and no one having any real idea how any of the clubs will actually perform, I think it’s time to make some picks. So here they are, my 2013 MLB Way Too Early Predictions:
- Yankees – This team is stacked. Added Youk & Hafner. Lost Swisher.
- Blue Jays – On the up. Added Dickey, Reyes, Melky & Josh Johnson.
- Red Sox – Too talented to fail again. Added Victorino, Napoli & Hanrahan.
- Rays – Searching for a new identity. Added Loney. Lost B.J. Upton.
- Orioles – Not enough power to sustain. Lost Reynolds.
- Tigers – Should be great. Adden Tori Hunter. V-Mart back from injury.
- Indians – Francona! Added Bourn, Stubby, Swisher & Reynolds. Lost Choo.
- White Sox – Hitters are a little too old. Lost Pierzynski.
- Royals – Nice pitching staff. Added Shields & Santana.
- Twins – Why isn’t this team better? Bad rotation and no closer.
- Rangers – Excellent at every position. Added Berkman & Pierzynski. Lost Hamilton.
- Angels – Could win a lot of games. Added Madson, Hamilton & Hanson.
- Athletics – Won’t repeat last year. Added Jaso.
- Mariners – Stuck in mediocrity. Added Morse & Morales.
- Astros – Should be just plain awful. Added Carlos Pena.
- Nationals – Very solid lineup. Added Span, Soriano & Haren. Lost Morse.
- Phillies – Best pitching staff in the league. Added Young. Lost Victorino.
- Braves – Talented, but inconsistent. Added the Upton Bros. Lost Chipper.
- Mets – Good lineup, but not great. Added Buck.
- Marlins – Very, very bad. Added Polanco. Lost Reyes & Josh Johnson.
- Reds – Great rotation, nice lineup. Added Choo. Lost Stubby.
- Cardinals – Pitching is a question. Carpenter out with an injury.
- Brewers – Solid, but stagnant. Called up Segura.
- Pirates – Just not enough talent. Added Martin. Lost Hanrahan.
- Cubs – Cursed, I guess. Added Edwin Jackson, Baker & Feldman.
- Dodgers – Great team, all around. Added Greinke &Crawford. Lost Loney.
- Giants – Solid returning team. Lost Melky.
- Rockies – This team has potential, and they can only go up.
- Diamondbacks – Good, but not special. Added Prado. Lost Justin Upton.
- Padres – Weak rotation and poor lineup. Very little support or energy.
Most improved teams: Blue Jays, Indians, Rockies.
Least successful teams: Astros, Marlins, Padres.
World Series: Rangers vs Dodgers.