Sports – 2014 NFL Free Agency
Category : Sports
As another NFL season begins and we put the last one behind us (which is a complicated thing for a Broncos fan to do since the season went so well and then so badly), we look ahead to next year. First up, Free Agency. Here are some of the top FAs by position and my thoughts on their future.
- Michael Vick (Phi) – The Jets are interested & he could be a nice backup for Geno.
- Josh McCown (Chi) – The Bucs could grab him and start a nice quarterback competition.
- Josh Freeman (Min) – Speaking of the Bucs. I don’t see anyone slobbering over Freeman.
- Maurice Jones-Drew (Jax) – I predict MJD won’t find a starting job by season’s beginning.
- Knowshon Moreno (Den) – With Montee Ball in the backfield Denver can let Moreno go.
- Ben Tate (Hou) – Look for Arian Foster’s competent backup to take his talent to Cleveland.
- Darren McFadden (Oak) – Would Cincinnati’s backfield be too crowded for Run DMC?
- Eric Decker (Den) – The Broncos just don’t have the money for him, but the Raiders do.
- Hakeem Nicks (NYG) – Almost definitely out, the Panthers could be his team in 2014.
- Anquan Boldin (SF) – I think he stays a Niner, but he’s getting too old to be great.
- Jeremy Maclin (Phi) – He’s coming off an injury, could be a steal for whoever gets him.
- James Jones (GB) – He wants to re-sign, and who wouldn’t given his quarterback.
- Jimmy Graham (NO) – Almost guaranteed that the Saints will franchise him immediately.
- Dennis Pitta (Bal) – Again, no drama, should be re-signed soon, too talented to let go.
- Fred Davis (Was) – Suspended indefinitely and should be a free agent still come 2015.
- Jermichael Finley (GB) – Could be the best TE actually available on the market.
- Branden Albert (KC) – Someone who deserves the money & will get re-signed.
- Eugene Monroe (Bal) – If Albert stays look for the Cardinals to pursue Monroe.
- Jared Veldheer (Oak) – And if all that happens, look for the Dolphins to look here.
- Greg Hardy (Car) – I think the Panthers keep Hardy, a sack machine the last 2 years.
- Jared Allen (Min) – A monster, but getting older. Denver or Oakland perhaps?
- Michael Johnson (Cin) – He had a down year, but he’s young and very talented.
- Jason Hatcher (Dal) – Look for the Browns to get this 3-4 defensive end.
- Lamarr Houston (Oak) – The Raiders will keep him if they get beat out for Allen.
- Brian Orakpo (Was) – He had a great bounce-back year, I think the Redskins keep him.
- Shaun Phillips (Den) – A great year with Denver, but they’d prefer to have Allen.
- London Fletcher (Was) – At 38, I don’t see a team signing him to any contract.
- Karlos Dansby (Ari) – Will stay in Arizona where he started his career.
- Jairus Byrd (Buf) – The Bills won’t franchise him again & he’ll end up in Chicago.
- T.J. Ward (Cle) – He is an up-and-coming safety who the Browns need to keep.
- Brent Grimes (Mia) – Grimes had a great first year in Miami and will re-sign.
- Vontae Davis (Ind) – Would be a great fit in Denver if they lose DomRC.